11-06-2018, 09:35 AM   #13
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
We have a 10 year old ceiling mounted projector and 100in screen in a house we bought earlier this year. Audio is through a Sony STR-DG710. It all works but the projector only has input for composite (I think). So low resolution and not compatible with much.

So if I replace it with something like this, can/should I still use the Sony or is that another expense (along with pulling a high quality HDMI cable through the ceiling? I will probably have to or want to do something when the bulb goes since they are so expensive - don’t want to put more money in this projector (original cost was over $10k from what I can locate!)
I've seen images from old school projectors. There is simply no comparison to a new gen unit today! Now the question is this... How often do you watch content on it? For me it's on the weekends. I still have an 80in LCD TV downstairs I watch daily.
But if you have a dedicated media room, I absolutely recommend you upgrade to HD I and even a newer 1080p projector. The difference is immense!
Appreciate 1
2000cs3495.00