View Single Post
      05-26-2021, 01:16 PM   #178
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
...because I finally dumped my evil home telephone service after 17 long years! It started out as a $14.99/month unlimited phone, and morphed into a $47.10/month money pit. I refuse to give my personal cell phone number out to anyone but relatives, so that home phone number is tied to every bill, doctor, and anyone else who needs to reach me.

Every attempt to port my number out of said small evil telco over the years was blocked by alleged bad/missing data on the transfer request form. Their number-porting department is apparently a telephone extension with no phone plugged into it, since it rings forever with no answer or voicemail. Long story short, someone who works in the phone business doing number ports for a living shared the secret to getting the small evil telco to release your number for porting in an online forum. I gave it a shot last week for the heck of it...and the port-out succeeded today just before lunch!

Anyway, my home phone bill went from $47.10 to *zero* today...and I still have free use of my home phone number.....
Buug95917910.00
cmyx6go15806.50