BlkGS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
All I gotta say... We shall see...
I've softened on its looks. I don't hate the looks as much. Pricing is a bit high still, but a Luxe (assuming it comes well equipped) would compete pretty well with expedition stealth performance, which has basically the same power output. I'm sure Infiniti will offer incentives and cheap financing to move these, as that's their business model.

I wish they'd stuck with the proven V8 as a standard engine and made their unproven new turbo V6 optional. The early Ecoboost V6s were problematic, and so did the 3.0t Infiniti uses, it's very reasonable to expect there to be some growing pains for this motor.

The real question is going to be the packaging. The previous Armada and QX80 fell apart in the back end. They focused on 3rd row passengers, and so the cargo area was tiny. The seats didn't fold into the floor, and there was t enough space in the back for a big stroller and kids stuff. Our Expedition by contrast, we can (and do) leave the 3rd row down pretty much all the time, and have enough space for our large stroller, diaper bags, snack bags, and anything else we could need.

I haven't priced a Wagoneer or Escalade lately, but unless this was cheaper than those, I'd have a thard time going with QX80. I still REALLY like Escalade with the diesel, and REALLY REALLY like the Carbide package Wagoneer L.
Appreciate 0