Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Garage List
2014 Jeep Wrangler 2D  [0.00]
2015 Chevy 2500HD  [0.00]
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
I have bought and sold a lot of watches. I love them. But man, was it getting expensive to try out something I thought I would like, especially the $50k stuff. So I buy the high end fake and see if I like it and if I do, then I buy the real thing. Although sometimes the waiting list is years for the real thing, so I wear the fake until I can get the real thing. I don't pass it off as real.

I bought a fake PP Nautilus that I had been drooling over. With a 5+ year waiting list and $50k on the grey market, they are expensive, so I thought I'd check it out. I tried to fall in love with it, but never did. My wife said it looked like a Seiko. So it's off the list.

I bought a fake Panarei that I am quite smitten with now, so I will buy the real thing at some point (used if I can find one, Panarei depreciates a LOT).

I have a couple of fake Rollies, but haven't decided if I love them. I am on the waiting list for both and will buy them if I get the call, but may resell them if I don't fall in love.

A good to great fake runs about $400 and some of them are nearly exact replicas, including the movement. Makes it easy to figure out if I like the watch.

These are all the genuine watches I have bought and sold (that's about $275k):

Here's what I own now (the ones labeled in red are fake):

As you can tell, I love Casios. I am also collecting some of the new Timex stuff as they are very cool with their new offerings.

Bottom line for me, watches are jewelry and I buy what I like. I wouldn't buy a fake unless I intended to buy the real thing.
Appreciate 0