Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Long back story

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
You attempt to stop a cat from being furniture? The solution there is get a dog.
Oscar rules the house. I inherited him and I've always been allergic to cats. He belongs to my other half for about 13 years. We bought a house together last year and I was in complete freak out mode that I would get very sick. My mother had cats for years and I couldn't be in the house for more than 1/2 hour and then I couldn't breathe. If I got cat hair on me I'd break out in hives and bumps. Not sure if there is such a thing as being allergic to some cats, or if it's just that I have no fabric or rugs unlike my mom's house. The floors are either tile or hardwood and there are air filters in every room. I'm sure this helps. So far, so good.

He has his spots, including his own couch, boxes with blankets, tubes, pillows and beds in every room except my bedroom. I have a baby gate on the door. He's a good cat, he doesn't do tables or counters. That would freak me out. I know I can't keep him off the couch, but he seemed to be content having one section of the couch which is covered by either a towel or blanket. The other day when I posted the picture was the first time I saw evidence of him wandering off his section. I have to be careful not to get cat hair on me. I once got a cat hair in my eye and the white of my eye literally swelled and closed over the Iris. Pretty freaking scary.

So that's my dilemma. He's on the couch, I don't know. I sit, get cat hair on me, go upstairs and cross contaminate.