View Single Post
      05-13-2019, 06:27 PM   #27
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Interestingly my plasma is also a Pioneer. We have a Panasonic 42” plasma in the bedroom that we bought at the same time but I always felt the Pioneer was far superior. I expect that if I put a new TV with newer technology right next to it, the new one would blow it away. So I don’t do that. .

Eventually it will be replaced but I’m trying to hold out as long as possible. We do need to buy something smaller for a vacation condo we are closing on this summer so I hope that doesn’t ruin my Pioneer for me.
Depending on what generation Pio you have, they are still very respectable TVs...even with modern standards. My 141FD is just simply stunning. More so after being ISF calibrated by D-Nice from AVS Forum. He also calibrated my 1010HD.

At this point, 4k means nothing to me as my room/seating position doesn't justify it. What is still very relevant which many people gloss over is black level performance and color accuracy.
Appreciate 2
RickFLM410882.00