View Single Post
      07-08-2020, 03:06 PM   #56
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
The fact that the OP drives an M550 BMW and had to weigh whether or not to spend a couple grand on an attorney to help his good son avoid a life long negative impact by a bullshit charge speaks volumes to where we are as a society.

I have no words.

How was not hiring an attorney even an option.

Glad it worked out for you, but that was a risk the kid shouldn't have had to take.
OhhhKayyyyy...let me explain why it was an option.

When this happened, I began my research into a Minor In Possession charge and at the same time posted here for anyone with advice and/or similar experience.

At that time, I found the Boulder County Court website which actually detailed what to expect from a first time MIP offender (posted in this thread twice). But despite this, I also stated that I did in fact, consult with an attorney who said "You don't need to hire me for this".

So - why would I pay over a couple grand for services not needed? Do you do that? What the f*ck difference does it make what car I drive when considering how to spend money wisely (and in this case - my son's money; I wanted him to be accountable)?

The fact that you posted your "judgement" on me, however does speak to where we are as a society today, LOL.

Last edited by BMWGUYinCO; 07-08-2020 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 2
9M711233.50
Reborn_298.00