View Single Post
      07-08-2020, 11:57 AM   #49
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Hello everyone,
I thought I would follow up with the end to this little story.

Once again - I want to thank everyone for chiming in with your advice - I greatly appreciate it.

My son's court date was this morning - we just returned. After careful consideration and consultation with a Boulder attorney, he advised us that his (or anyone else's for that matter) services would not be required for this particular case, especially since my son has no other infractions on his record of any kind.

I accompanied my son to court but found out that because of Covid, I would not be allowed inside with him. Fine, - he's a young man and can handle himself.

Long story short - we was offered the deferred judgement, paid a $120 court fine & fee, and is now required to complete both an online substance abuse course as well as 24 hours of community service.

He was also sentenced to 12 months of "probation"; provided he incurs no other infractions of the law aside from minor traffic incidents, this matter will remain sealed and will not appear on his record. And yes - he is paying for all of this himself, not me.

Lastly - I really liked MKSixer's advice to establish a relationship with an attorney and the one we consulted with was very helpful - he is now in my contact list and I told him he's my go-to resource for law matters.

All's well that ends well.
Appreciate 6
pz6193278.50
minn1914037.50
vreihen1615280.00