Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyrms View Post
Mac can and will do any well known design programs, but try to get it to run anything more exotic than that....yeah...good luck...
PC is for people who knows how to use their computer. A fresh install of window will always run smoothly and reliably. I have a macbook pro and leopard OS makes me wants to bash my head into a wall every-time i need to adjust a setting, so fucken non-intuitive! It's really designed for people who only know how to type and use the internet, anything more complicated than that...yeah...fucken apple...
What kind of a blanket statement is that. Are you trying to imply that because, for the past 20 years, I have NOT known how to use my computer? I do WAY more than just surf the web and look @ pron on my mac. I do shit like make great sounding movies with mine, and win awards like the Oscar. Which is WAY more complicated than writing an email or typing a word document.

I have been using various flavors of Mac for quite a long time. Yes they have all had their own lttle issues. But, by and large they have performed WAY better for MY FIELD OF WORK than any windows based PC has. Every time I have seen material delivered that was edited on a windows version of ProTools, there has been problems. Corrupted fade files, incorrect permissions, snaps & pops. Or worse, a Music Editor brings in a Nuendo rig based on a PC. Ha!!! Good luck getting that to easily tie in with the rest of the network at the facility you are at.

Just because you like your windows computer doesn't give you the right to make stupid statements like that. A computer is a freakin' TOOL, it's up to the user of the tool to extract the most from it.