View Single Post
      01-08-2015, 03:03 PM   #2
Ricfutures
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I am no expert but I do own the A7 and I absolutely love it. After playing with both I would definitely recommend the R especially if you are a pixel peeper.

There are really great lenses available (Zeiss & G) and there are lens adapters that should allow your Canon lenses to work with the Sony. The money lenses are the SEL55F18Z and the SEL70200G. Image quality of both is stunning. I also have the SEL2470Z and the SEL35F28Z and they do a great job as well. There's a wide angle that just hit the market that's getting great reviews as well (SEL1635z). The "non-Z" lens is garbage so avoid it at all costs.

One thing to note is that the camera is not the fastest so if you like to capture motion it may not be on par with your 7D. I can say the image quality and colors are absolutely breathtaking.

The NFC/WiFi feature is fantastic. I use it frequently for quick posts to FB and the like.

It's quite an investment however my camera bag has never been lighter which means I have more options at my disposal more times than before. Like they say the best camera you have is the one you have with you.

Hope this helps!
EB M235i (Sold)
E92 M3 (Sold)
Appreciate 0