View Single Post
      06-04-2008, 11:18 PM   #10
taiheung
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

On Sunday a mate of mine and I drove up to the Central Coast to Test drove a 135i with 6spd Man & 18" 269s and I hate to say this but I was actually bored! After a 20 minute test drive where I gave it everything I had (with consideration to wet whether and the fact it isn't actually mine) I handed back the key, thanked the dealer and kinda just walked away - no feeling of crazy exhilaration, no remnants of adrenaline pumping through my veins, no massive smile! I sat back in my own car and tried to work out what just had happened, where were the awesome twin turbos everyone had raved about? Where was the edge of the seat experience? The kick-in guts acceleration?

And then I realised that is was those exact same questions that made the car so freaking amazing. The twin turbos are effortless, the edge of the seat driving experience is leagues away from my driving ability - even while the roads were wet and cold - and the kick-in the guts acceleration is non-existent thanks to smooth delivery and near zero lag. The car is very well balanced and dominates the road where the M Roadster I drove up in would have been kicking and screaming for every square inch of grip across the rear tyres. It's ridiculously smooth and refined - the run flats have come a long way since the hatchback's release and the ride could put babies to sleep when compared against the ridiculously rough and raw experience of the M Roadster. I realised that I was so used to imperfection in our current garage's line up that when I finally sat behind the wheel of a machine that did everything it was supposed to I thought I was being jipped!

Random review, but that was my experience!
Appreciate 0