View Single Post
      05-21-2008, 06:48 AM   #9
andrew@southernBM
Rep
Drives: M2 G87, M4 G82

Hey Way,

Thanks for the review, i cannot wait to have some time in these cars.

Yes i am ready, i have 5 kits in stock ready to go.

Talk soon

Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
I wasn't going to drive one till my car comes, but the dealer had one so it was too hard to resist when the key is being dangled in front of you.

I had the car by myself for an hour, and took it to some curvy roads I am familiar with (Yarra Blvd). I drove it (ahem) rather hard.

What can I say...I am impressed!!! The gearing is a bit odd for first gear, too long. Because of that it never felt that quick in first gear. But get it to second third or forth, and the car pulls harder than (insert your own dirty cliche). I just love it! Can't wait to have some active autowerks tuning on it (Andrew@SouthernBM - you ready to wave some magic?).

The gear shift itself can be shorter, but this is a slick gear box. It will be very entertaining to row the gear box.

Now for the handling, the car is very well balanced. It never felt heavy and response like a much lighter car. On change of direction, you would never guess that this is a 1500+kg car. On fast sweepers, the car is quick, but I didn't like it leaning so much. Which brings me to the suspension. Whilst I like the comfort, I think it could do with a bit of stiffenning in the suspension. I can see why magazines who compare this against the E46 M3 say this is soft. With some new springs or better still full coilovers, this thing will be even faster. It has a lot of machanical grip and you can overcome the understeer by wider front tyres. The tyres simply run out of grip in this case. I am not sure if a rear sway bar will be better than just simply upping the size of the fronts.

All in all, 5 star from me. Great little car - especially for the money. I can't wait to get mine!
Appreciate 0