United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
After watching a few of the tiny house shows, I could see some of the designs being difficult to live with after the "cool" factor wears off. I can potentially see having one as a little vacation cabin on a plot of land somewhere, but never to live in full time.

Something I noticed with most of those shows I watched, is that the owners boasted on how much money they were saving, but they didn't have their own land to keep the tiny houses on. Many of them were either renting a plot, or keeping the house on land owned by other family members. Essentially, doesn't that make these tiny houses just another form of mobile home?

There was one episode however, that built a tiny house I really did like. The owners were building on land they already owned, a vineyard if I remember correctly. This tiny house was built with a permanent foundation and was about the size of a large one bedroom apartment. It also had a good sized outdoor space overlooking their property. It really was a functional and nice property that I could see working for someone who doesn't need much living space. I see this container housing project being very similar to this type of build.
Except that tiny homes are "tiny" - usually 500 to 800 sq ft. These homes that MK is talking about are 2,000 sq ft. which is not tiny.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0