03-05-2016, 07:33 PM   #11
EVTee
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyJ View Post
I have just taken delivery of a brand new X1 20D XDrive Msport F48 (16 reg)
and I am delighted with the car in every aspect except one.
I do 40000 miles a year (4-6 hours a day) and the most important feature affecting my choice of car is the Active Cruse control, which I use about 80% of the time. I have used the car for two days now and both days happened to involve me driving in the morning in an easterly direction, into the sun. The active cruise control did not work for several sections on my journey of about 15 miles at a time! This amounted to a large proportion of the total morning journey, in the afternoon on my way home it performed without fault. Today it was raining and it failed to detect a large HGV that was kicking up a lot of spray and it would of driven me into the back of it if I had not taken over. When I bought the car I made it clear that the Active Cruise control was central to my decision to purchase. My dealer has checked it and can find no faults and has said that low sunlight can affect the cruise control. This leaves me with no choice but to reject the vehicle. So now I find myself spending my weekend looking at Mercedes GLA's and Volvo V60 Cross Country's to replace my new X1 instead of enjoying my new car. To say I'm disappointed is a massive understatement.
Thanks for the update! This isn't very encouraging to me as I live in rainy Vancouver. I suppose I'll have to find out for myself if the system is really that unreliable in rather extreme weather conditions. My car should be here by the end of next month now that it's finished production. It sucks to hear that the feature that made it necessary for me to factory order a car may not be that useful after all.
Appreciate 0