Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I have many friends and co-workers who are in Tesla's and like them for what it is - but if any of the Germans came out with something on par, they would leave Tesla in a heartbeat. Whether or not others share the same feelings who knows, like everything else, you can remain top dog for so long before everyone catches up.
This is so correct of the interpretation of so many buyers of Ev's atm, Tesla is almost the only EV that you can choose if you want that form of performance "small" form factor car the Model 3 but the quality issues of Tesla has been an on going issue for a while now although they are getting better by the day, but if BMW still doesn't adapt to the new market that is coming their way they will be left behind sens the future of cars ain't ICE engines to many people have a hard time accepting this fact.

I was in between when i was choosing a car it was the I3s or the Model 3, now the most obvious choice was to go with the Model 3 due to literately everything. But i just didn't dare to go with a first generation Model 3 due to some quality thoughts i had when reading the Tesla forums. And living in Sweden and not the west coast of US i had my thoughts regarding the cars build quality in terms of how it would handle the road salt, grime and dirt during the winter here.

While BMW has been making cars for the EU market for a long time and i believed that BMWs cars were more adapted to the Swedish climate then Tesla. And i have seen some weird issues with Models 3 in Sweden caused by the winters here everything from freezing door handles to rust on brand new cars. So my initial thoughts were correct of the Model 3 but i just can't have a car that performs well during Spring-Autum then having to have it in the Garage i need a year round car.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0