View Single Post
      07-21-2019, 02:34 PM   #62
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Some general observations ... Cars are more accessible than ever before. There are many many people that are not comfortable driving and then those that think of it as a waste of time. This view is based on talking to folks and observing behavior of drivers on the road. For example, the other day I saw a guy holding a phone in the left hand and doughnut in the right hand on the hwy driving 45 in a 55 mph. I pull up next to him and he did not realize that I was there next to him for at least 2 mins. There weren't cars behind me so I thought let me see if he is observant.

Most cars these days are nothing more but appliances, like a dishwasher. Many people buy them because they have to go from point A to point B but would prefer not to drive at all.

Enthusiasts are very small % and can't buy enough manuals to support OEM decision to develop and certify manual cars.

Again, cheap cars are like legos built by robots and last only a few years.

The hand built high end models were/are not accessible to many and usually folks that have means to buy them aren't enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0