View Single Post
      04-23-2019, 07:53 AM   #24
MassNerd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Coupe RWD

Garage List
I've found a bigger difference in the state drivers are from compared to the make they drive. Here in central Massachusetts, there are 4 other states within less than an hour, so you see a decent mix of non-Mass plates.

Vermont drivers are the least aggressive and probably the best overall if a bit slow.
New Hampshire also not to bad, but I do notice a few more idiot drivers
Both VT and NH do have their share of lifted trucks though...
Connecticut I'll say are on par driving skill wise with the NH drivers, but there are way way more aggressive drivers from that state. The speeding, brake checking and aggressive lane changing are a level above all the others.
Massachusetts drivers are on average just bad. General lack of respect for road laws or etiquette. Sometimes aggressive but nothing like CT drivers.
And then there's Rhode Island.... Take the dumbest of the MA drivers and the combine it with the aggressiveness of the CT drivers and you have the worst drivers in New England.

Congratulations Rhode Island, you win the MassNerd AHole Drivers Award!

Sweeping, unfair generalizations of course. Most people from these states are fine drivers. But when focusing on the troublesome few, these are the trends I've observed.
Appreciate 1