Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGUYinCO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post

The big question is my Anthem MRX1120 receiver going to utilize eARC. I'm very pessimistic so I'm likely to keep streaming from my Apple TV into the receiver; and using the X950H just as a display.
As I understand it, eARC simply is capable of passing though higher bandwidth and speed for the very latest audio standards....but I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't know. Is there possibly a firmware update for your Anthem that allows eARC?
Just last night I was looking at the Anthem firmware updates but I saw nothing about eARC. Honestly I got board and decided I'd just experiment when I have the new display.

How I would potentially use eARC is to stream ATMOS-enabled movies, or perhaps high-res music files from the smart TV apps. In reality, I'll likely just stream movies from my Apple TV into the AVR for movies like I do now. For music I'll definitely keep on utilizing the AVR's built-in PlayFi music streaming. I am just kind of curious if the Anthem's hardware can support eARC. We will see.

ATMOS is actually a major benefit when set up correctly. I call it the biggest advancement in surround technology since we started having discrete surround channels (Dolby Digital). Unfortunately the more complex you build a system, the more complex it is to set up.