View Single Post
      10-02-2019, 09:59 AM   #140
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Running into some annoyances. I'm going to delete phone from car and vice versa and reconnect this weekend. Hoping that resolves most of these and ios updates resolve the rest without spending a bunch of time researching. I already checked relevant settings:

1. Messages to iPhone inconsistently showing up on iPad (text message forwarding selected on iPhone)
2. Music on iPhone play lists not working in car (using Lightning / USB, not Bluetooth); songs are on the phone because they play when not connected to car
3. Some phone contacts not showing up in car. Mostly just the one's I use most frequently.
4. Can't dial contacts using car controls / iDrive (get "unknown error" on phone) - need to use phone to dial and then its ok.
5. Messages appear in iDrive reflect unknown contact rather than sender's name
Did you check to see if there are any recent firmware updates for your iDrive system? You can download the firmware yourself from BMW after entering your VIN. You put the file on a thumb drive and the system recognizes the file upon plugging the drive in to the USB port. On my old CIC system I had updated the firmware twice since buying the car new in 2014.
Appreciate 0