View Single Post
      07-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #256
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
My mistake. I was thinking PRC Chinese rather than the Chinese Americans whom you've observed.

Regardless of the country, I guess if one has the coin like that, one is free to do whatever one pleases with one's fancy car. Even non-wealthy folks are free to do as they see fit...it's really just a matter of how much money one can toss about rather than a difference in the mentality of how one uses one's stuff.

All the best.
Well, these are not Chinese American as in Chinese people who grew up in the US. They are immigrants from overseas who have moved to the US because they have a lot of money and want to enjoy the benefits of living in the US. (less crowded, better schools, cheaper cost of living, less pollution, food safety etc.)

Most of the time they bring their lifestyle to the US with them so they spend and live as they did overseas. Showing off brand name items and luxury goods is a sign to show one's stature in a country (China) where the economy is booming and money talks. Unfortunately it doesn't exactly translate the same to the US where showing off such things is sometimes distasteful.

And yes, people do drive their Ferrari to go shopping in China...

Last edited by Z K; 07-02-2014 at 11:30 AM..
Appreciate 0