View Single Post
      07-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #253
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

My mistake. I was thinking PRC Chinese rather than the Chinese Americans whom you've observed.

Regardless of the country, I guess if one has the coin like that, one is free to do whatever one pleases with one's fancy car. Even non-wealthy folks are free to do as they see fit...it's really just a matter of how much money one can toss about rather than a difference in the mentality of how one uses one's stuff.

All the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
There are a lot of rich Chinese people who have moved to the San Francisco area. It is not uncommon to see people driving exotics to the supermarket...

I saw a Chinese lady decked out in brand name clothing and high heels loading up the front passenger seat of her 458 with grocery bags and dog food at the supermarket. To them the car is just a grocery getter and they have something nicer to drive for the weekend.

I think everyone has a story about rich Asian kids flaunting their parents money at college... Kids rolling around in Aventadors at the local community college. The parking lots turn into a exotic car show. lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0