06-01-2015, 08:24 AM   #41
bmwmsport
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jashley73 View Post
Before someone asks, "Then why did God even need a Hell to punish sins, why can't he just forgive us all, and all be well and good?..."

Because plainly put, when this life and present world is over, (and I think we can all agree on the fact that each of us will in fact, die, and come to an end of our time here on earth...) what will God do with all this sinful stuff that is left over? We saw in Revelation 21 above, that He has already promised that there will be no more sin in Heaven, so what's God to do with all of the sinful people, and rebellious angels, and the rest of the sinful "stuff" that is left over? He's going to put it far away form himself, and his new Kingdom - the lake of burning fire that we saw in Revelation 20...

The good news though, is that God doesn't _want_anyone_ to suffer His just, eternal punishment. Rather, God _wants_us_ to repent of our sins, believe in His Son Jesus, and share eternity with Him, in His eternal Kingdom...

Ezekiel 18:23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live? <...snip...> 30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? 32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live! -NIV

In fact, God hates the idea that we'll suffer his judgment so much, that he did something about it. He sent His Son Jesus as the perfect sacrifice, to pay the price for ALL sin, so that we would not have to suffer for our sins, if we will only believe in His Son Jesus... (You would also be correct in saying that God didn't just "send" His Son, but that GOD THE SON HIMSELF came of His own free will in order to become that perfect sacrifice for sin...) Paul tells us more about that love that God has for us, and how God doesn't want us to suffer His judgement...

Romans 5:6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were *still* sinners, Christ died for us. -NIV

Just as God pleaded with the wicked in Ezekiel to turn from their sins, and inherit eternal life, Paul tells us that while we were *still sinning* against God - that is, while we were those same wicked people He was pleading with - He made a way for us to pay for ours sins - which we do not have the means to pay for on our own... That way is to believe in His Son Jesus, and God will forgives us of our sins...

Those who believe in Jesus get spared the eternal punishment, and they get to share eternity in the New Heaven, with God the Father, Son, and Spirit, - a place where no sin will ever enter, and where God's plan for mankind to be in fellowship with Him, and to glorify Him, and share in that glory, will be forever and forever more...
Sounds to me like you are part Catholic. Catholics teach that once you die, you are kept in this holding place called purgatory until the last human dies, then God judges us finally. The definition you gave, "Hell won't be in their fullness, until God's final judgment," does not disagree with my definition. Hell is still a place apart from God's love. As to your question on time: when will we be judged?

See this excerpt from an article on bible.org:
"The Bible tells us that when we are dead we know absolutely nothing. Here are some Scriptures to support this belief: (all from the NIV)

Ecclesiastes 9:10
“Whatever you hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.“

Ecclesiastes 9:5
“For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even the memory of them is forgotten.“

Psalm 6:5
“No one remembers you when he is dead. Who praises you from the grave?”

Isaiah 38:18,19
“For the grave cannot praise you, death cannot sing your praise; those that go down to the pit cannot hope for your faithfulness. The living, the living – they praise you, as I am doing today.”

Psalm 88:5
“I am set apart with the dead, like the slain who lie in the grave, whom you remember no more, who are cut off from your care.”

Psalm 28:1
“To you I call, O Lord my Rock; do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you remain silent, I will be like those who have gone down to the pit.” (grave)

The state of the dead is just nothing. Time stands still for someone who is dead, and it will make no difference to them if they have been dead 2 days or 2 thousand years, it will just be like waking from a night’s sleep. When Jesus went to Martha and Mary, he described their dead brother Lazarus as being ‘asleep’. (John 11:11-14)

The first thing anyone who has died will know, is being resurrected to stand before the Judgment seat of Jesus Christ.

“Multitudes that sleep in the dust of the earth will awake; some to everlasting life, and some to everlasting contempt.” Daniel 12:2
“….Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom,” 2 Timothy 4:1 That is when people will receive eternal life or eternal death..."

As I said earlier in the thread, God lives outside our linear time frame. To Him, he just created earth, sees us now, and has already judged everyone rightly. For us, it will seem that the first thing that happens after death is judgement. See passages above for that.