06-02-2021, 09:05 PM   #37
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Damn dude. Sorry to see that. You for sure had a reasonable DV claim and I can see why you were successful. I think it's telling that you had $23k in damage and were only awarded $4.5k in DV. The OP has $1600 in damage. I can't see him being successful.

I see a lot of folks who clearly have never filed one jumping straight to "you need to file a DV claim" over minor scuffs and dings. I'm trying to dispel the myth that because there's damage you can automatically be awarded a DV claim if you simply ask. It's not that easy or simple. So far, of the 5 or 6 people here who all jumped on the DV claim bandwagon, I haven't seen a single one come forward and say they were actually successful in doing so.
Agree it’s very difficult but impossible if you don’t try. So no reason not to try.

In my case, I didn’t have the info of the other driver since they ran and there was no video so it was automatically dismissed. My insurer paid for repairs but they weren’t going to pay a DV claim. At a minimum you need to get the at fault driver’s insurance (at least in FL) or it goes nowhere.

My neighbor’s kid was rear-ended a few years back in his 4-cyl Mustang. I told him to look into DV and he succeeded. Then he spent it trading in the 4-cyl for a Mustang GT.