06-23-2022, 08:24 AM   #11
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
If it were me, knowing what I know, this is what I would do.... Let me know if you have any questions about any of these parks, I've been to them all, the Disney Cruise is amazing... might be a fun alternative/investment. Your daughter will get an amazing Disney experience + you and the missus will get a super high quality cruise on a ship that won't rock like the cheaper cruise lines. They have highly skilled Norwegian captains and the ships have stabilizers that work remarkably well.

Disney 1 day - plan to arrive later in the day so that you can enjoy the park at night, all lit up + fireworks. If you can go around Christmas time it will be busy, but it will be extra awesome.

Epcot - Epcot is more fun for adults, but there is enough going on for children to enjoy it, especially your daughters age.

LegoLand - about an hour from Disney, LegoLand also has a waterpark (worth it, it's hot). Legoland is really fun for kids and less crowded than Disney, I've been 3 times. Recently went with my 10 yr old and 4 yr old for his 4th bday, they had a blast.

Island H20, great for taking a break from the theme parks and actually really fun for both adults and kids. About 20 mins from Disney.

Disney Cruise. This is an idea if you want to go on a trip that every one will enjoy and there are kids activities that give the parents down time.

Universal - I know you didn't ask, but the CityWalk area outside the park is fun for adults and kids and it's free.

Downtown Disney - Also free, it's easy to park because each spot has a green light or red light for simple navigation in the parking garage. It's basically a bunch of restaurants and stores, but I really enjoyed it last time I was there with my family. Recommend going later in the day to stay through dinner.

30 mins away from Disney is Winter Park, which is near where we live and it's just a nice walkable part of Orlando with upscale stores and restaurants and a big park. Worth the drive to get out of the touristy areas.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

We've definitely considered the Disney Cruise. I have a feeling that's going to end up being a separate trip. We've got some friends who've wanted to organize a group Disney Cruise trip. I think that would fare better than doing a group Disney World trip.

Someone else was also mentioning Legoland - sounds like it's worth checking out! I'd just have to convince my wife to suck it up and use one of the downtime days for a trip to Legoland. I have good energy levels so I'm always up to do things, but in her case, if she could lay on a beach the entire week, that would be her ideal vacation

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1