02-25-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
New Englanders: List your mods!

I figured that we could all benefit from each other's experience with various mods, so why not have a centralized location to log them and ask questions about them. Me:

Shadowline inner grills (Frames are still stock chrome)
I didn't care for the look of all chrome or all shadowline on JB, so I purchased the above combination from a forum member. I think it looks great! Very similar to how the 128i stock grill looks.

Bimmian 4in Micro Antenna
Looks a TON better, and no loss of reception that I can discern. Although I believe it's strictly for analog signals, and I have satellite radio and HD radio so it probably gets used infrequently.

Debadged
This has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads.

MTec Angel Eye bulbs on order
I wanted to go with something a bit less yellow but still not "blingy". I installed them last night, and didn't have nearly the nightmare of an install that others have. I posted up in the DIY section in a thread but PM me if you want details of the install. The bulbs are quite bright when used as DRLs and have a nice "super white" look to them.

Golf Tee Mod:

I did this too and it's really easy. I pulled the vacuum line, plugged it with a golf tee, and zip tied it up to a bracket near the muffler. I definitely notice a slightly deeper rumble and it even pops and burbles a bit between shifts when it's cold. Definitely worth it!

To follow:

Removal of CDV

- Joe Walsh

Last edited by BlackjackMulligan; 03-17-2009 at 07:34 AM..
Appreciate 0