View Single Post
      07-01-2020, 05:48 PM   #11
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

[Update]

When we began to search this whole thing, our search results turned up Law Firm websites and they certainly are effective at painting a worst case scenario. But then I found the Boulder County Court website and this is what I found:

What to Expect in Court
What is the likely outcome of my case?
The outcome of your MIP case will depend on whether you have had a previous criminal violation. If you are a University of Colorado (CU) student, you will have additional consequences imposed by the Office of Student Conduct or Residence Life.

Marijuana-related cases that result in a conviction may affect your eligibility for Federal Student Financial Aid. To find out more, consult an attorney and/or read the following links: Penalties For Drug Law Violations and Student Aid Eligibility.

First MIP
If you have no prior criminal history, then you will likely be offered a form of diversion called a Deferred Prosecution.

You are not required to plead guilty.

You are required to pay for and attend a court ordered Substance Use Class.

You must pay $100 court fee due on the day of court.

Once you complete the court ordered program, your case will be dismissed and your MIP record will automatically be sealed.

Please note that if you have an additional charge(s) in your case, they are NOT eligible for automatic sealing. You must petition the court and pay a $65 sealing fee to seal that charge(s).

Still weighing my options, but this is making it sound more it may not be necessary to hire someone.

I would imagine that with Colorado University nearby, Boulder must generate hundreds of MIPs/week.

Last edited by BMWGUYinCO; 07-01-2020 at 05:53 PM..
Appreciate 0