View Single Post
      02-07-2021, 07:15 AM   #1174
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
4 years?! Jeez do you own any other Rolexes? From what I understand Daytona is for VIP buyers only? Not sure if true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
I have a few watches and 2 rolexes. I got a Daytona and it was a little wait to get the one I wanted with the face I wanted - around 6 months. Relationship with the AD matters. I’ve referred people and they are still waiting. It’s all about past purchase and frequency. They reward “Good” customers. And No, I’ve never purchased a watch just to get in line. I’ve been asked that too. I wanted it bc I like the watch. It’s the only one of my high end watches I’ve been asked to sell right off my wrist. Many times. They are hard to get.
It seems to me to be just a joke in general and they definitely have preferred VIP Clients. I bought a sub from one place and told them to put me on the list for a Daytona and got my name etc... I consistently check in and no chance... my dad at his local AD does as well.

Those lists aren't real because they know they will sell one in about 5 seconds if it becomes available, ultimately it comes down to how close you are with the AD...
Appreciate 0