View Single Post
      03-19-2021, 10:53 PM   #38
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
The upgrade bowden tube is a must if you're printing PETG or anything that requires higher extrusion temp. Was also one of the first mods I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiford View Post
I started with an aluminum drive feed assembly (stock plastic flexes too much), a low tolerance bowden tube, and stiffer bed springs. All of this is <$50.

Later on I added a direct-drive conversion because I started printing super soft TPU and some iron-composites that were getting clogged in the bowden. This requires some adjustments in Cura to work properly but is very much worth it for materials other than ABS or PLA.

There are also a few mods you can 3D print which is pretty ironic, but most are convenience oriented like wire clips and such.

Editing to add that this is much like car build conversations where the best thing you can improve is the nut behind the wheel. Until you really get the hang of bed leveling and fine tuning slicer settings, you won't notice much difference from the new parts.
I ordered a different bowden tube off Amazon when I bough a couple of PLA spools. It's killing me that I'm still waiting for a shipping notice for the printer itself, though. I ordered it direct vs off Amazon. d'oh