09-14-2021, 01:21 PM   #45
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post
If you hate your job definitely get out while your healthy. I absolutely love my job, they'll have to drag me out the door.
This. After "can you afford it" this is the next question. I loved my last job and my team, but my newer boss was a douche and then we got bought by a public company. When I meet my douche bosses new boss - who was also a douche - I said that was it. I've saved too long to work for double douches.

I had no kids, lots saved and not much debt - so F it.

I got a call pretty quick to do a consultation for 6 months for another company in our industry. 3.5 years later - I am still here, enjoying my job again, and 2020 was my 2nd most profitable year ever. My new boss knows why I left my old job and works hard to keep me from getting there again.

I was not ready to retire it appears - I just needed a new gig. I'm 51 now, still have plenty to retire - I just don't want to. I don't even really think about it anymore - I'm just happy. I like to work.

My old douche boss? Got canned by his new douche boss. Everyone except 2 that used to work for me have quit and they have split my old job in 2 and replaced my "right hand woman" manger position 3 times in 3 years. Without a doubt I made the right move - when you get the sign......go.

My .02