07-23-2007, 09:57 PM   #57
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Here is one -- the WMD. He said we know they have them and we have to stop SH.
Later, when it was EASILY proven to be a lie -- he blamed the wrong intel and washed his hands. No, it cannot be done like that. He should be fully responsible for his orders and what he stood behind. Simple as that. If Clinton was brought to the court for saying that he had no sexual relationship with...in public, and later it was proven the other way, I really don't see much of a difference here. They both (KNOWLINGLY) lied int he public. The only difference is that a few people got hurt in Clinton's case and hundreds of thousands were killed in this case.

Next -- the campaign -- he PUBLICALLY promised many things of which most have not even been touched -- he lied.

What else do you really need???

Simply -- if Clinton went through all that mess with ML, this is a simple and straight case...

Next, there are a few dems opposing the withdrawal timeline -- but many more Republicans (lately) that start to support it. It is obvious to any intelligent person that Bush wants to drag it as long as possible so that Dems can be blamed and again...this admin can wash their hands...

And finally, admit it to yourself or not, we do live in the democratic society. Obviously, you have not experienced other societies (except a few glorious trips to Pakistan, Kashmir and whatever you said) to claim such an uneducated thing...

I'm still waiting for the list of positive things in last 6 years...
I cannot believe you need this explained to you again. I will do it this last time then I am through with you because you are irrational on the subject.

No one lied about the WMD. That Iraq had WMD was accepted by every intelligence agency in the world, the UN Security Council, as well as the Clinton Administration.

Here is a quiz, who said, "Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons programs, and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors. Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the middle east and around the world"? Answer, Bill Clinton (1998)

Who was urging the President to ``take all necessary and appropriate actions to respond to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end his weapons of mass destruction program.''? Answer, John Kerry (1998)

How about, “Recognizing the threat Iraq's non-compliance with Council resolutions and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and long-range missiles poses to international peace and security"? Answer, that would be every member of the UNSC in 2002.

If George W. Bush lied about the WMD then so did Bill Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, Tony Blair, Kofi Annan, and just about everyone else who dealt with the issue.

If you do not see the difference between a President making a statement completely in line with the latest assessment by his intelligence agencies and a President telling federal grand jury that he did not have a sexual relationship with a woman that he did, then you are beyond hope.

Would you like to list for us the alleged lies the President told during the campaign?

What is obvious is that the President is intent on doing whatever he can to see that we win the war we are engaged in while the Democrats prefer to surrender to our enemies.

I am sorry you are upset to learn that the US is not a democracy but a federal representative republic but I would suggest you peruse this document to confirm.

I have given you the list of positive things of the past 6 years repeatedly. If you really need it again:

Tax Cuts
Roberts and Alito
Fall of Taliban
Fall of Saddam Hussein
End of Libyan WMD
Low unemployment
Low inflation
Good economic growth

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0