View Single Post
      03-24-2023, 09:48 AM   #77
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
Trusted my best friend of fourteen years with investing $20K, thankfully I recovered $11K and was met with a stonewall when asking WTF happened.
Something similar happened to my brother.

A good friend of many years asked to borrow him quite some money. Given the friendship, my brother gave him the money - trusting "that's what friends are for", no ? Clear commitment by the "good friend" to return it within a year, no interests due. The "good friend" was all smiles when he received the money.

Well, it took a couple of years and lots of frustrating moments for my brother to get his money back. The "good friend" became unrecognizable: broken promises, excuses, pretexts, "health issue", to the point that the "good friend" became increasingly aggressive and cut all contact. No penny refunded at that time. Stonewalled.

File a lawsuit or not ? In the end my brother managed to speak to the "good friend"'s wife. Serene conversation. She admitted that it was a total shame how badly her husband had treated him, but her husband had encountered some "setbacks". At last, my brother got his money back. My brother cut all ties with the "good friend".

Often, if you want to lose a friend, borrow him/her quite some money.