View Single Post
      09-09-2022, 05:47 AM   #68
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Lots of rumours about why the deal with Porsche went bust, but one of the rumours, of Horner might be replaced, for me is very understandable, and I indeed wonder if that wouldn't ruin RB. Horner/Marko have proven to be a very succesful duo, making a 'fizzy drinks team' into one of the strongest teams.
And of course it's not uncommon for Germans to aquire a large portion of a team and consequently replace the management.
I already thought that Porsche aquiring 50% of RB was quite a big stake.
I wonder how much of this deal going bust was a result of Mateschitz input.

That said, 2026 is still a long time away and I wouldn't be surprised that RB and Porsche would meet again to try and come to a different deal.
RB is currently the best bet for a partnership that would result in race succes, and I'm sure that Porsche rather want them to be a part of that than say....BMW
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 4
NYG10579.50
E92inNC1709.50
DrFerry6727.00