View Single Post
      09-07-2022, 11:11 AM   #32
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
So many great Indy drivers missed out on F1 because their experience is not valued well enough.
On the other hand US drivers havent been particularly succesful in F1 in the last 3 decades. Granted, there have only been 2: Scott Speed, a somewhat rookie, but also Michael Andretti, who was a seasoned driver when he came to F1 with lots of US indy wins to his name. I remember when he entered F1 there were some pretty high hopes, but in the end it was all a big failure. (whether or not that was on his performance, or on mclaren, or both...in the end the results just weren't there)

Normally the succesformula for a F1 driver is a substantial karting career, winning or be a runner up to a world or european championship and then have substantial success in F2/F3 or F4.
Herta has raced in europe, but his real succes is still in the US
I can understand that both the FIA and F1 teams are a bit reluctant to value that success as it's not the 'known path' for F1.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 3
NYG10579.50
M5Rick59569.50