09-07-2022, 10:52 AM   #29
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
F1 at COTA drew over 400k for the weekend - Indy Car at COTA can't even get 40k...

I feel like even here in the US F1 has more appeal than Indy car at this point. 3 races here next year, audience growing quickly - could definitely see the allure for even a top Indy car driver. AT has some good appeal right now too if Checo cannot get back up to speed. No long term contract in place could open the door to the big team if he can deliver. Really the only way I could see him having even a remote opportunity driving a top tier car in his career. Even if that seat is against a driver who crushes the souls of his teammates - at least there is a chance of winning. Otherwise I do not see a path for anything better than mid tier (at best). And if it all doesn't work out he would have no problem getting a ride back in Indy. I think having this backup goes a long ways to making the decision easier.

Would be interesting to see what he can do in F1 - but like a lot of drivers he needs to start minimizing the mistakes. Not a whole lot of patience for those kind of errors & will not last long if they are not limited.
I think they're going to petition ovals as legible experience to the FIA.

So many great Indy drivers missed out on F1 because their experience is not valued well enough.

I think right now Red Bull is interested in testing Colton at AT for a year or two to see if he may be a viable replacement for Checo at some point.
Appreciate 3
OG Shark4656.00
M5Rick58907.50