View Single Post
      01-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #265
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
I agree, but even the commentators agreed that they were singling the Steelers and Harrison out this year, making an example out of them.
Rule #1
Don't ever use the commentators as a frame of reference.

Harrison was subject to the rule changes that were made to eliminate a style of play that he partook in very often. It was by no means a "Harrison only" rule. As much as I disagree with the pussification of the NFL, they handed out fines and vaginal leak penalties relatively equally liberally across the league, many times non-deservingly (see: Suh).

Harrison and the rest of the league had ample warning to alter their style of play to be more like powder puff girls. Some adjusted quicker than others. Harrison magnified the spotlight on himself with his semi-defiant remarks, as did Suh.

Again, I hate the pussification of the league, but by no means was Harrison unfailry or unequally treated by the league. The hurt was spread across all teams (except for Goodell's pretty boys and money makers [see: Pats, etc....]). It was one of those rules that the Steelers (Bad Boys) and the Lions (Angry Losers) only hurt themselves with because of their images. Hopefully next year will be a little bit more sane.
Appreciate 0