View Single Post
      03-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #30
lkraven
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive View Post
Exactly. Just three weeks ago there was a road rage incident where a guy died just 20 miles from where this happened. Similar scenario. Guy in the front car got out, walked toward the car behind him, pulled out a gun, poped two rounds into the guy, then got back in his car and drove off. The guy who got shot died in route to the hospital. I think I may have been thinking about this at the time and that's when my emotions took control.
I'm sorry you got in an accident and smashed up your car. Also glad you are not hurt. Would have done the same thing as you if someone pulled in front of me and got out of their vehicle--

However, the events leading up to him pulling up in front of you were at least partially your fault. You running into the F150 is going to be your fault as far as your insurance is concerned, I think, no matter what the "reasons" were. There was no need for you to "take off" and not let him pass you-- and I'm not suggesting you are being misleading with your version of the events, but it's only your version of the events. I'm sure this guy was a real jackass, but you probably shouldn't have let him get under your skin. That machine you're driving in is a fine automobile, statistically better than 90%+ of what's on the road, and I hope you didn't let that get to your head.

Anyway, I'm not going to say I have no sympathy for you, because you were probably just minding your business when this prick happened upon you-- but I don't think you can call it a hit & run... to some extent, you might have been victimized, but at least part of that was poor judgement on your part.

Anyway, good luck with everything. Good excuse to buy an M3
Appreciate 0