View Single Post
      02-16-2007, 08:47 PM   #8
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaneer View Post
Hey bmwexec, I was on the Courtney Campbell this morning around 7:15am and I had passed an older 3 series. Just as I was going up that bridge portion I saw this BMW just closing the distance like crazy in my rear-view, but it couldn't have been the same 3 series I passed. So I'm doing about 80 and this guy is really on my tail. The best part is I'd floor it, let off, and he'd be way behind, catch up, I'd repeat LOL... and since I'm going that fast I wasn't about to slow down just to make him happy and pass me, so I kept up with traffic and switched lanes when appropriate. But I had a friend with me this morning so I wasn't about to keep that up long either. I switched lanes and finally let him pass and saw that it was an older 5 series.
LOL. Yeah, the Courtney Campbell is great for fast driving. For some reason though I never seem able to make it past 135MPH on the bridge. I either get scared a cop is going to fly out of nowhere and tag me or that the one car that's coming up ahead of me is a cop. Since I'm going so fast it's hard to tell if it's a cop up ahead before it's too late. Tonight coming back from International Plaza I got up to 120MPH before I had to hit the brakes HARD. I was at 115MPH when I noticed I was getting really close to the car ahead of me but I made it my goal to get up to 120MPH. In those few seconds I was getting a little nervous. Finally I hit 120 and slowed way down. All the way down to 60MPH I think it was. Freakin' old people living in Florida.
Appreciate 0