View Single Post
      07-25-2009, 02:29 AM   #1
1Cold335
Registered
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 2006 550I

2006 550I Winterization

I am having trouble finding any information on how and IF it is possible to winterize my car. I am coming back from Iraq and will have about 4 months left in Alaska. Unfortunately, it will be during the coldest time of the season. (-30F to -60F). I am trying to find out if I will be able to do anything to keep this thing from freezing while it is outside during the day. I have no idea if what the oil pan looks like or if I will be able to stick a heater pad on there. And then there's the issue with keeping the damn battery from freezing. It is in the trunk so I could put a trickle charger on there but that will get old really fast. Or I can stick a warming pad under it and run the extension under the chassis to the front where the pan heater plug will be. I am kind of lost on which approach I will take. Any ideas would be appreciated.

And yes keeping it in a garage is the best idea, which is what I did for my 335 when I had it. But I am not guaranteed to find a place to live that will have a garage so I need to prepare for the worst. That and it will not help me when it is parked outside during the day.
Appreciate 0