03-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #3
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
random...

i'm tired of discussing the vietnam war after junior year of high school...
Maybe you should read, I bet you a million dollars what a book had to say and or your teacher can't come close to this.

I think a few in particular are quite interesting:

Black men in the Vietnam War:

Fact: 86% of the men who died in Vietnam were Caucasians, 12.5% were black, 1.2% was other races.

Fact: 2/3 of the men who served in Vietnam were volunteers. 2/3 of the men who served in World War II were drafted. Approximately 70% of those killed in Vietnam were volunteers.

Fact: The average infantryman in the South Pacific during World War II saw about 40 days of combat in four years. The average infantryman in Vietnam saw about 240 days of combat in one year thanks to the mobility of the helicopter.

Fact: No American had involvement in this incident near Trang Bang that burned Phan Thi Kim Phuc. The planes doing the bombing near the village were VNAF (Vietnam Air Force) and were being flown by Vietnamese pilots in support of South Vietnamese troops on the ground. The Vietnamese pilot who dropped the napalm in error is currently living in the United States . Even the AP photographer, Nick Ut, who took the picture, was Vietnamese.

24. During this Census count, the number of Americans falsely claiming to have served in-country is: 13,853,027. By this census, FOUR OUT OF FIVE WHO CLAIM TO BE Vietnam vets are not.
Appreciate 0