View Single Post
      08-23-2007, 04:15 PM   #22
kamakazitp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 Celica

if you got the 328i, would it definitely be the coupe? Getting a sedan would definitely be convenient at certain times but thats really up to you. the only reason to be in a 328 over a 135 would be that its more tame and you're less likely to get yourself into trouble hot-doggin it. do you care how much leg room your backseat passengers have, or would you rather have twin-turbos and a more "spirited" suspension setup?

im not trying to hate like willyb here, but what is wrong with your 2005 focus? its 2 years old, anything mechanically wrong with it? I understand you want to take advantage of your graduation gift, but if you are really lookin to not waste your money, why not save the 1/2 of what youd spend on a new car, get you dad to give you the dough that he wouldve spent. You could ride the focus through college with cheaper insurance and gas and maintenance costs. Then you could use the money you saved to help with a house DP or to buy an even nicer car with the benefit you won't have to park it in campus parking lots where lots of idiots don't necessarily care if their doors swings freely into the side of your nicely waxed bimmer.

if you have the means, great for you, and great for your dad that hes willing to reward your graduation with such a generous gift. i'm not going to judge you based on this. but if youve got a relatively new car that works fine that may be paid off (dunno what your status is with that car), why not just ride it till it quits (or until you grad for college) and keep that money and add it to your college grad gift and get something even better.
Appreciate 0