07-09-2006, 10:04 PM   #50
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper
I think fuel efficiency is overrated as a reason for the big 3 decline. Most of the reason is simply crap cars that even americans don't want to buy anymore
Yeah, that's definitely true. But fuel efficiency has something to do with it maybe a little. I mean, suppose you have to travel 40-50 miles to work everyday. I really don't think anyone would look to Ford or GM for a good commuter car...then again, with that kind of mileage everyday, maybe a motorcycle would be better!

But I completely agree with you. Not only is the gas mileage bad, their re-designs are uninspiring (look at how close the ford fusion looks to the CTS), their cars are built cheaply and look cheap, they don't handle well, they don't perform well, and I think most of all, many American cars aren't even made IN AMERICA anymore! I think some chevys are 100% built in foreign countries like South Korea and Mexico!

So Americans don't even have that "helping to save their neighbors' jobs" incentive because a lot of automotive jobs are outsourced anyway!
Appreciate 0