greyspoke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 DCT - Space Grey

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
There's a simpler method to allow you to root cause this, assuming the car was working correctly before hand.

Unplug the fiber optic connection on the mr12volt unit while the car is on. Do you see red light coming out of the cable? You should. If you don't, its not the unit. Assuming you don't, work your way backwards from the spliter. Is there light coming from fiber optic connection on the vehicle harness? There should be. Remember, MOST is a loop. Each device sends the signal to the next device in the loop. When the loop is broken, you just need to walk back to where you lose signal.

For the coding question, I think where this is possibly confusing some people is the previous mr12 volt boxes connected differently, by tapping into canbus at the idrive controller. People are able to code CIC with these versions installed.

The new oem microphone version uses a quadlock adapter with the cic unit quadlock plug. Something about connecting this way appears to break the ability to code the CIC unit.
drwankel So I just installed the mr12volt CIC in my car and did not catch the post about coding needs to be done prior to installing. I can't believe this is not included in the instructions from mr12volt. Using Bimmercode, I can confirm that I can no longer see the headunit module in Bimmercode. Do you know exactly what I must uninstall to do the coding? Is it just the quadlock or everything (quad lock, LVDS, MOST cable)?
Appreciate 0