United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 2021 G05 X5 45e

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Looks great. To those of you that keep dissing the XM as just the worst vehicle that was ever made…. Have you actually ever driven one?

I have an XM Label and it astonishes me every time I drive it. As hard as this is to believe, it feels like it’s an M5 inside of an X7 chassis. Sure it’s not for everyone, but I urge you to go test drive one before hating on it so harshly. It’s an incredible vehicle.

It does not feel or drive like an SUV. Go test drive one and I think you’ll be surprised.
Certainly affinity to a particular car is subjective so it's great to hear that you love your car; that's the dream!

While I don't find it appealing I don't mind that it exists. What does bother me and may be at the root of some of the disfavor for it is that it feels like there was (and hopefully still is) an opportunity for M to produce a bespoke sports car unburdened by the envelope of an existing series car. An M1 successor could be one. Another would be a CSL car designed to be a 2-seater from scratch. There's a lot of grey area here but a truly lightweight M sports car continues to be out of reach. Just frustrating.
Appreciate 4