View Single Post
      01-06-2024, 05:58 PM   #184
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Upfront confession - I believe in BTC. I don't believe in any of the other cryptos or their associated trading methods/vehicles.

I got into BTC when it was 4k. Needless to say I've made some money. The way I treat BTC is like gold - as a store of value. And I only hold for long-term value appreciation. It's worked out very very well for me. No one talks about BTC being a currency anymore. That boat has long sailed.

At the same time, I've seen many many people - myself included - lose money on all the associated trading methods/vehicles, ICOs, NFT, whatnot that have come to be associated with crypto. Half of those are scams anyway.

The problem with crypto is that the layman lumps them all together. If one ICO is a scam, then all crypto is a scam. I'm way past trying to convince anyone that BTC is good or whatever. When prices are up it's the next great thing in global finance. When it's down BTC is the work of the devil. Rinse and repeat.

As far as I am concerned, only BTC and ETH are worthwhile investments, and only if you take a very long view. Why do I say that? Well, there are a total of about 400 million BTC wallets in the world today, against a global population of 8 billion. Only 5% of the world have got into BTC. What happens when the other 95% slowly wake up and join the party? Anyone expecting to get rich quick on crypto is either going to be very very lucky or very very poor.

Last edited by Redd; 01-06-2024 at 06:09 PM..
Appreciate 3
xander_g1019.50
iminhell13934.50
dini_g80188.00