View Single Post
      12-23-2023, 05:24 AM   #29
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Well the thing about this is most people know ICE is here to stay for a long time if all ICE were suddenly to be "thrown away" that in it self would be a enormous disaster for the environment and enormous capital destruction.

EVs are great cars loved the ones that i have had so far but they aint without the fault's just like ICE cars, but there is now a "war" between ICE and EV witch is sad i think where you have fossil companies throwing out so much false claims about EVs that it gets tiresome arguing against all the falsehood about them as always they are trying to suppress any alternative development instead of having both ICE and EVs coexisting as both super viable options it doesn't always have to be one or the other. That mentality is getting tiresome. Just look in this thread where people saying "Oh EVs shouldn't be pushed and shouldn't never be pushed out and the companies doing it should fail" *sigh*

I Hope e-fuels becomes a real thing for ICE cars but if the production of E-fuels is worse for the environment if we are to care about that at all witch we should in all kind of ways everything from emissions to dangerous chemicals or all the plastic in the environment. We simply should care more about it but not be stupid.

If E-fuels are to be mainstream they have to be environmental friendly from the raw materials needed to produce them to the R&D of them and to its production of them to the end user using them.

There is no point in having giant trucks transporting e-fuels if they ain't viable to be used for the trucks that transports them to the fuel stations in the future.

Same goes for EV's, when you see giant diesel trucks transporting EVs to the shops its also a *sigh* moment.

The problem i am seeing is we are having two "camps" today for and against EVs instead of having them all going forward including R&D for E-fuels. If car companies can make ICE engines be more then 55% effective in usage of its fuels that would solve a lot but the fact that we still haven't been able to produce an ICE engine that is at least 55% effective in using its energy and not wasting it as heat or emissions, (For normal usage not F1) That makes me doubt ICE engines existence in the future. Why haven't they made them 50% effective yet, They have been around for so long do it already or is there other money behind that keeping them ineffective so the oil companies can keep selling their product. If you could have a 90% effective ICE engine we would achieve a lot of the same things we are trying with EVs & E-Fuels and alternatives.

If it goes against physics to make an ICE engine that effective then its case closed for their existence in its current form.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 1