12-10-2023, 12:58 PM   #1120
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGUYinCO View Post
Congratulations - I have the Whynter brand too, albeit the dual zone model which is almost identical to yours.

I researched wine coolers and saw that you could pay upwards for $5K or more but the Whynter model was highly reviewed and let's face it - if I get 5 years out of it before it fails I can buy another and still be cheaper than the hoighty-toighty brand names.
When shopping for a wine fridge, it’s a little different than a regular refrigerator. The ability to maintain a consistent temp and humidity level and minimize vibration is important, especially if storing expensive wines for longer periods. I have 3 small to medium EuroCave models, the oldest of which has lasted 20+ years and still maintains a consistent environment for the wine. If something lasted only 5 years I’d be concerned about how well it maintains the wine. (I’m not familiar with Whynter or suggesting there is anything wrong with it just noting the purchase criteria is a different than other refrigerators or appliances because of what it is storing.)
kscarrol8952.50
hubbahubba9027.50