View Single Post
      06-27-2023, 09:05 PM   #21
Cytoplasm0671
Armchair Aristocrat
Rep
Drives: 340i 6MT

ECS Tuning shifter bushing: ✅
Rogue Engineering transmission mounts: ✅

The goal was to reduce the rubbery vague manual shifting of my 340i. I'm not looking to make it a racecar where I feel every bump on the road, but something in between.

Probably took 2-3 hours all combined. I'm getting better at pulling off those underbody panels. The transmission mounts were relatively easy to install, with my Harbor Freight transmission hoist coming into play again to hold up the trans while I removed the brace, unscrewed the OEM mounts, and installed the stiffer ones from Rogue Engineering. The ECS Tuning teflon shifter bushing was a bit more work as I didn't want to disassemble the shifter linkage, so I replaced the bushings by reaching up from underneath the car. Was a pain, but I got a box cutter up in there and cut the rubber on one side enough where I could push the old bushings out and pop in new ones.

End result is fantastic! Shifts are now much more precise while still being comfortable. To be honest, this is one of my favorite upgrades thus far. For a manual transmission lover like myself I actually feel this upgrade is more enjoyable than more popular upgrades I've done like adding an Active Autowerke downpipe. Man oh man, the car just shifts like a dream. I will eventually get the Ultimate Clutch Pedal and then am thinking the clutch situation will be complete.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cytoplasm0671; 06-28-2023 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 1