05-02-2023, 11:56 AM   #35
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

[QUOTE=floridaorange;30091131]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
My most agonizing wait for something I didn't have to pedal or push was my 1st motorcycle; a Honda 50.

The local motorcycle shop had to order it, then assemble it when it arrived. I'll never forget the day they
called and said I could pick it up. I was a senior in high school. I hitched a ride to the motorcycle shop with
a fellow classmate who worked there, the late great Gene Romero and eventual National Grand Champion
motorcycle racer.

Loved that little motorcycle!

Great story - those honda 50’s are so cool - what year was yours and did you keep it?
I traded it in on a Honda 160 a couple of years later.

During the time I owned the 50, I upgraded it to 55cc. That extra 5cc was noticeable. Simple bolt-on parts.

About a week after I traded in the 50 I saw it go by my dad's store. I was very dismayed to see that the little
twerp riding it had cut off the rear fender, just behind the seat, plus cut off the forward part of the front fender.
A hatchet job. He taped the tail light to the seat. I could've decked him!

Stole this photo from the web. This is exactly what my little 1965 Honda 50 looked like:
Attached Images

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser

Last edited by 3.0L; 05-02-2023 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 1