View Single Post
      05-02-2023, 10:29 AM   #33
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
For what it's worth, I have the X7 LCI with iDrive8 (which the X5 LCI is similar to interior-wise), and I was also at first disappointed with the lack of buttons. But 6 months into it I realize the automation is a significant step forward to the point where I'm rarely if ever pecking through the screen at all. It's much improved from the automation found in previous iDrives (and I'm not talking simply about voice commands). It sets everything from the heated seats/steering wheel/armrests to heating/ac based on preset conditions, and it does a remarkable job of it to where I've never felt the need to tinker with it. And those settings are tied to the overall temperature setting, which is front and center on the screen at all times, so you don't have to go through any menus at all if you want to adjust the temperature up or down (and if you don't want to use voice commands).

Now having used the system for the last 6 months, jumping back into the previous iDrive7 system, it feels outdated and definitely not as advanced.

I know none of this matters, but just figured I'd share my experience. My wife who drives the X7 primarily also loves it now, and we owned an X5 previously with the old system.
Great feedback. One thing to know about my wife....she HATES change - it's probably the only reason she has kept me around for nearly 30 years. So, I have no doubt it would probably be awesome and an improvement, but not so much for my wife.
Appreciate 4
wtwo318096.50
cmyx6go15853.00