View Single Post
      09-21-2022, 12:38 PM   #2
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Unfortunately, anything verbal doesn't mean $hit. You have to have it in writing. If your loan docs don't spell out the ability to do what you're looking for, you have no leg to stand on.

I've been a PNC customer for years. I left M&T because they wouldn't waive a $25 certified check fee after decades of banking with them. There's more details but that's the gist of it. So I went to PNC. I don't know the size of your banking with them, but they have a private client group. I'm in this group and have a specific rep that I deal with on all banking matters...good and bad. While in general, I've been happy with my experience with PNC, there has been some issues. One of them was recently when I refi'd my home. I have a HELOC with them and they were holding things up with erroneous and ever changing requirements to subordinate under the new primary mortgage company. I raised heck with my rep and magically, they agreed to go along with the primary mortgage company in accepting the online appraisal versus having a full blown one done. Mind you, the total lien on the house is well below the point where I have more than 20% equity in the home....it is actually 40% equity I have.

When I took out the HELOC with PNC, I went through all the paper work to ensure I was getting exactly what they were promising. Yes, I read through all the paperwork.

Unfortunately, it's a lessons learned thing for you at this point.
Appreciate 0